Saturday, May 19, 2007

Tuning Debian Etch 4.0

During using Debian Etch I found some issues which I have described in this article.

Ugly fonts in the Iceweasel (Firefox) application

When I changed Gnome to KDE the fonts in Iceweasel became to differ from other GTK applications (e.g. GIMP, Evolution). For resolving this issue I found the following solution:

Add this string gtk-font-name="Your favorite font name and size" in the gtk config. In my case this looks like this:

File ".gtkrc-2.0.mine" included in the .gtkrc-2.0 :

gtk-font-name="Arial 8"

NTFS write support

You can found the solution for this issue on the following site. Now I use ntfs-3g module for writing on the ntfs partitions. To add support your required locale you should add the following option to mount: locale=ru_RU.utf8. The list of /etc/fstab for example:

/dev/hda2 /mnt/win ntfs-3g umask=0,locale=ru_RU.utf8 0 0

I hope ntfs-3g more or less stable :)

No comments: